How To Update Your Bathroom
You’ve been thinking about it for months, but the estimated costs and the time needed to renovate your out-dated bathroom properly has been deterring you from getting started. Although a total bathroom remodel is a giant undertaking, there are other options that are much less daunting.
The perfect balance for any bathroom is to be both pleasant and practical. Although it may be one of the smaller rooms in the home, it does see the most traffic, so it’s typical that a little TLC may be required sooner than you expected.
Fortunately, you don’t need a complete overhaul to modernize your tired bathroom. Bathroom products are widely available at every budget, and sometimes small changes can make a huge impact. We’ve put together a few easy tips and ideas to refresh this space without exhausting considerable resources.
- Vanity and Cabinets: Replacing the vanity and cabinets can change the entire look of the bathroom instantly. This is usually the focal point of the bathroom, so ensure that it is not only aesthetically pleasing but functional as well. If replacing is out of your budget consider changing the hardware and accessories on your existing fixtures to give the bathroom a fresh new look.
- Faucets, shower heads and hand showers: Consider replacing these fixtures especially if they’re original pieces. Try to buy a matching set for a uniform look and make sure to go with either brushed or chrome finishings – not both.
- Lighting: Changing the lighting is another way to transform your bathroom. If you’re going for a modern look, contemporary LED spotlights may be all you need. If your design is more traditional or chic, opt for a simple chandelier or wall sconces.
- Paint: The simplest way to add life back into your bathroom is a fresh coat of paint. If you’re working with a small space, keep the tones light (grey, white, beige), and always paint the ceiling white to make the space look higher and more open.
- Accent wall: A cool way to transform your bathroom is to incorporate an accent wall. Subway tiles or mosaic tiles, for example, are affordable and can easily add flair to a dull or conventional bathroom.
- The Toilet: Consider replacing your toilet if it’s an original or if it’s really old. Many new and sleek toilet designs will really add to your bathroom transformation.
- The Shower: If it’s in your budget, replace curtains with a glass shower door. If not, update your curtain and shower rods with a simple and clean design.
- Flooring: Changing the flooring is a more laborious task but will certainly add value to any bathroom. There are several flooring options that are more convenient for bathrooms, keep in mind you’re going for practicality first.
The possibilities are endless, and there are options for every budget. If you’re looking to update, refresh or revamp your bathroom, there are many viable ideas that can transform your bathroom with very little down time. Consult Canadian Home Style; Vancouver’s top resources for design and quality in flooring, cabinetry, and countertops.