Why You Should Be Using Vinyl Flooring For Your Home Renovations?
Looking to upgrade the floors in your home? Although hardwood, natural stone and ceramic are all lovely choices, they can be quite costly, hard underfoot and time consuming to maintain. Vinyl flooring is an excellent flooring alternative that is continually evolving. It is durable, budget-friendly, easy to maintain and you can use it in any room of your home.
Need more convincing? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider using vinyl flooring for your home renovations:
There are several notable advantages of using vinyl flooring in your home:
- Affordability – Vinyl flooring is relatively inexpensive compared to other flooring materials. Its installation is also very affordable making it a great choice for anyone on a tight budget.
- Low-maintenance – Vinyl flooring is easy to clean and easy to care for. Daily sweeping and occasional mopping will keep your floor clean and looking like new.
- Quick to install – Most professionals can install vinyl flooring within a few hours.
- Tough & Durable – Vinyl is very durable, and it can stand up to a lot of wear and tear.
- Water Resistant – Vinyl is basically impervious to moisture making it the perfect flooring materials for kitchens and bathrooms where water and other liquids often end up on the floor.
- Style – Vinyl flooring comes in a wide variety of styles and colours including wood and tile designs which means that it can easily fit with almost any decor.
- Available in Luxury Vinyl Planks & Tiles – Vinyl flooring is made up of a plastic composite core which allows the planks or tiles to be either floated and clicked together. This vinyl composite core is a more rigid material that can also hide some imperfections in the sub-floor.
It’s Great For Improving Children’s Bedrooms
Sick and tired of trying to remove stains and play dough from the carpet in your child’s bedroom? Vinyl flooring is the perfect flooring solution for a child’s bedroom as it is very durable, easy to clean and water resistant (this is vital in a toddlers room where spills may be a daily occurrence). Vinyl flooring is also great for a teenager’s bedroom because it comes in a wide range of colours and effects. Use vinyl to redecorate a teenagers bedroom with style without breaking the bank.
It’s a fun DIY project
If you’re the handy type, vinyl flooring is a great DIY project. Simple and easy to install with very little mess, this type of flooring is perfect for a family that likes to do it themselves. If doing it yourself seems daunting, no worries. Having a flooring expert install vinyl flooring in your home is much more affordable than installing hardwood or tile flooring.
Your Feet Will Thank You
Vinyl is comfortable and has a soft texture making it easy to walk around on. It also doesn’t absorb the heat or the cold so your feet won’t freeze in the wintertime.
It’s Invaluable In Kitchen & Bathroom Remodels
Because it is very water resistant and can withstand high levels of humidity, vinyl flooring is the best option for wet areas of a home such as the kitchen or the bathroom.
Need help deciding on the best flooring solution for your home? Speak with our experts at Canadian Home Style in North Vancouver. Let us help you pick out the best flooring solution for your home renovations. Contact us today!